20/09/2016

Rome Style

When it comes to dressing for the Rome heat, you have to opt for something lightweight, comfortable and most importantly, breathable. 
There's a lot of walking involved in a city break, and unfortunately, exercise tends to be accompanied by sweat. Especially in the 30+ degree heat.
That's where skirts or dresses come in handy. In the famous words of Covergirl, they're easy, breezy, beautiful.


Shooting outfit posts and finding the perfect backdrop is certainly not a difficult feat in the Italian capital.
Every corner you turn, you're met with more beautiful views and every street you waltz down is picturesque. 
What is it with European cities and their wonderful charm?

Anyway, enough on Rome (I think I've sang its praises enough!) 
Onto the outfit...

Denim Skirt - ASOS (last season) - similar (here)
Bag - similar (here) and (here)
Tortoiseshell Sunglasses - ASOS

I fell in love with this top the instant I spotted it in the shop. It's such an eye catcher and works well for so many different occasions. The flowing sleeves and wrap style make it flattering and perfect for warm weather.
I chose to pair the top with an A-line denim skirt that has become a staple in my wardrobe. It's so easy to style and adding my current favourite Adidas Originals to the look just seemed to complete it.
A casual touch ideal for a day spent wandering the streets of Rome.
Oh and let's not forget my favourite part; the cut-out back design of the top.
Such a small, quirky detail which I feel adds so much to this look. 
The vivacity of the top meant that little was required in the way of accessories, so I kept things simple with a cross body bag and tortoiseshell sunglasses.

This is my last post from Rome sadly, but please let me know what your favourite part of the outfit is!

0 comments:

Post a Comment